15 0 5
As individuals, we all define “What is Online Success” differently. For that means making tons of money, for others, it may mean freedom to work anywhere in the world they choose. Some people define it as being able to escape the corporate jungle and actually do what they love like sailing.
We are all unique and what makes me happy and fulfilled may not have the same effect on you. This is a beautiful thing because it would be such a boring world if we were all the same.
There is one thing that is clear, most who take the steps to make changes to their life end up with a greater reward than they had expected.
So take some time and figure out just what makes you happy and perhaps it’s time to take steps.
But the truth is, only once you know and understand just what you want in life, can you begin to achieve it?
Define Success for You
Each of us has our own unique ideas about what success is.
Success can mean that tingling excitement about what you do, sticking it out through the hard times, living a life you can feel proud of at the end of the day.
Naturally, different things will give each of us that sense of satisfaction.
Some people may want:
- a loving family
- to help others
- have more friends
- just to be happy
To be perfectly honest I want to be happy building great wealth working anywhere I choose and using that wealth to help others while making memories with my beautiful family.
So you see success to me isn’t just one thing it is a combination of things and they all bring me great joy separately as well as together.
As long as I am continuously moving forward toward the ultimate goals I am succeeding.
To master Online Success
- Begin each day with positive rituals that get you focused. For me, it’s starting the morning off with a run on the treadmill.
- Do the BIG things first. The BIG things would be those with a deadline or the things you don’t like doing.
- Eliminate temptations. If you are working from home make sure you don’t allow household duties to distract you. Business time is Business time, no exceptions.
- Take control of your future and OWN your day.
Start a Success Jar
Sometimes in life, we get so busy focusing on the end goal that we forget to take notice of all our successes along the way.
A simple way to do this is to start a Success Jar.
The concept is quite simple.
Write down each little success and put it into your jar.
This could be anything at all such as:
- making your bed in the morning
- try your hand at that new recipe, all the better if you can eat it.
- send off that email you have been putting off
- completed that project around the house
- completed some kind of exercise
It’s important to take note of that jar filling up with every little success. Not just business successes but life successes as well.
Periodically read some jar contents to remind yourself just how successful you already are, it’s a lot of fun and you’ll be surprised, I know I was.
Find the Right Mentor for You
I am an avid reader and as such, I read every day. I have noticed that all self-improvement books have the same recurring piece of advice. In the words of Tony Robbins, “The fastest way to create success in any area of your life is to find people with results, and model them.”
Kid you not, this is one of the biggest pieces of advice I could share with you today.
Wikipedia explains mentorship as a relationship in which a more experienced or more knowledgeable person helps to guide a less experienced or less knowledgeable person.
In other words, find a mentor who has achieved what you want to achieve and who is willing to give you advice and show you the way they succeeded and then do what they tell you.
Of course, success in anything requires action which I am sure you would agree with. After all your bed doesn’t get made itself.
A mentor won’t do it for you
Just like no one will make your bed for you… A mentor won’t do the work for you.
However, they will show you the way and give guidance on your journey. Depending on the Mentor they may be able to help you decide on which program is best suited for your situation.
I wanted to start a blogging-based website so when I was advised to check out Wealthy Affiliate I found it was a perfect fit for me.
- Not only do I have the benefit of being taught and mentored by the founder’s Kyle and Carson
- But there is also a community of like-minded entrepreneurs to offer helpful tips and pointers to keep me on track towards my goals.
- The training is laid out in a simple and easy step-by-step video and written instructions to follow.
- Each lesson is followed up with a simple do what you learned step which makes it super easy to get right even if you have no previous experience.
- And the program does not cost a fortune to join.
- You even get to try it out for free and you don’t even need a credit card.
The community is fantastic – Honest criticism when necessary is a big help and ensures the constant growth of both myself and my websites.
Naturally, we celebrate each other’s successes as well within the community.
Leverage the System that Works Best for You
You want to find a proven system that:
- Offers an effective, easy-to-follow training system
- Has a tech support system in place that responds to your inquiries promptly and works with you to resolve any issues.
- There should also be a way to ask questions when you get stuck.
- It should also have a great community where all members can support each other
- There should be plenty of content available to learn from and should be in a simple step by step sequence
- Everything that you need to succeed should be in the program you purchased
- The success rate should be greater than 20% Most programs out there have less than a 2% success rate.
- It should be affordable and without a bunch of upsells that end up breaking the bank rather than helping you build a business.
A Program That Works
The only training system I have come across that fulfills all of these criteria is Wealthy Affiliate.
I have found their training second to none. You will have a website up and running by the time you are done with their 10 free lessons and the support you will receive is amazing.
Realistically the only real constraint in life is time. We all only have 24 hours in a day in which to accomplish everything we want to. It is only through learning and mastering how to leverage our time that we can find shortcuts to achieving our goals.
What do I mean by leverage time? Or as we use to say in the military is “Make time!”.
Well let’s say you have a website but creating great content isn’t your strong suit. Hiring a writer to research and create great content for you will free up your time to do other things you are good at. Or maybe hire someone to create a high converting sales funnel for you.
There are lots of help online you can hire to write an article for you. The cost is pretty reasonable too.
The point is to figure out what you are good at and leverage the rest over time.
Freeing your time so you can concentrate on what you are truly good at will help you achieve your goals faster and more efficiently.
Join the Right Support Group
When you first realize it is possible to develop and grow a profitable online business and actually earn a passive income you get very excited and want to tell others about it.
The problem is others don’t understand it and therefore don’t believe it is possible. The very people you care most about may become negative and not believe in your endeavours.
Starting any new business is stressful enough without having your support group seemingly against you.
You need a community, a support network that provides support and encouragement through those tough days.
Their role is to support and embrace the journey of your entrepreneurship so you feel empowered enough to keep pushing through.
You need to develop a tough skin and forget about the naysayers who don’t believe in what you are doing.
Surround yourself with positive people who are truly supportive and understand it is the journey more than the result that creates success.
When I joined Wealthy Affiliate I was amazed at the community support. If you have a question, you just post it in the community and you will get several responses that help to see different takes on the same problem.
This expands your vision and helps you work through the difficulties and so you can continue learning and growing. In my mind, there is nothing better and because WA is worldwide there is always someone available to chat with if necessary.
So “What is Online Success” is different things to different people.
- The first step is to define what success means to you.
- Then find the platform from which to work to make your dreams becomes a reality.
- Find the right mentor to guide you along the way.
- Join a community of like-minded entrepreneurs who get all the ups and downs involved with being an entrepreneur.
Feel free to reach out to me, I would be more than happy to offer support and advice.
Speed up the process by learning to leverage your time. Nobody said you have to do everything all the time. Writers can be hired by the piece so you don’t necessarily need to hire someone full time.
Establish a “Success Jar” so you can remind yourself of all your successes along the way. I guarantee you are more successful than you realize.
The most important thing is to just keep going, don’t quit.
Thanks for dropping by. Feel free to drop a line in the comment section below and share your idea of what Online Success is to you.
Take care and follow your dreams my friend, after all, they are yours.
The link above will save you 59% on your first month membership if you decide to join and I will get a small commission which does not effect your cost. If not you can still enjoy the 10 Free lessons.
15 0 5