32 4 15
Over the years while serving in the military I had always wondered how to make extra money at home to supplement my income. It’s more important now that I am living on a pension. It doesn’t take long to realize a pension is not enough to live the lifestyle we dreamed of, especially if travelling is a requirement or you wish to travel for leisure.
As the cost of living continues to rise it becomes increasingly difficult to manage each month as your expenses (all of them) continue to increase. I know some are content to live on their pension especially if they are receiving a full pension. I consider myself one of the lucky guys that retired healthy but of course I only get the regular pension. I’m cool with that because quite frankly I’d rather have my health.
Here are a few reasons a veteran or anyone else for that matter may want to make a little extra money at home:
- Unhappy with not being able to visit distant family members because of the cost to travel.
- Fed up with working a low paid, dead-end job, especially to supplement their pension.
- The fear of the cost of living going up and not being able to keep up.
- Looking for something to do with your time while retired.
- Want extra money for leisure travel to see the world.
That’s a few of mine and I am sure you may have good reasons of your own.
I have met a lot of good people since I started with my online business and I know some folks wanted an online business just so they can get out of the concrete jungle they were living in and escape to their little paradise with a little hobby farm.
And then there’s the couple with their 2 kids that wish to build a bunker just to be ready for when the SHTF.
Just having that security of an income is enough for me…
Let’s examine ways to make money as a veteran
Here’s a few examples of how some veterans and retirees are making a little extra money to make life a little easier:
- Woodworking (expensive to get started, low income per time spent, can cause health issues)
- Odd jobs for the neighbours (low income)
- Get a local job (working for someone else, have to travel, low income)
- Find something online (provides a residual income for years, no boss, no travel, difficult to find quality training)
- Start your own business (difficult to come up with a business idea with low competition, costly to set up, can take years to make any money if it works out)
Over the years I’ve tried several business adventures as far back as high school when my brother-in-law and my self tried our hand at building homemade furniture.
From there the quest to work for me never seemed to end until just a couple of years ago when I began living life as a blogger.
I am not going to try and tell you how I made 6 figures monthly income or something like that. Most of those stories are fake as I learned the hard way.
But. I can tell you that I make enough to supplement my pension each month which continues to grow bigger each month doing what I like best.
I now spend my time helping other veterans to supplement their income so they can live the lifestyle they wish.
It took me years to get where I am today because of all the misleading information out there.
I can also tell you the best way to supplement your income whether you’re a veteran or not is to become a blogger and here is why.
- The internet has become our go-to for everything.
- There are over two billion people online searching for information daily.
- The internet today is used for school projects to fixing and learning new things.
- It’s where we socialize with our family and friends.
- We even do our shopping for everything from furniture, toys and even groceries.
The problem today is… a lot of the information you find online may be misleading.
And when it comes to the subject of making money online I quickly discovered there’s more misleading information out there than the truth – which led me to create this website called veteransaffiliatesuccess.com.
I wrote it for veterans however the same principles apply for anyone wishing to get started online as an affiliate marketer.
Benefits of online marketing
- It can be done in the comfort of your own home.
- Minimum expenses, (laptop, internet).
- Higher profit margins than other business types.
- Has the fastest return on investment hands down.
- Very low startup cost providing you find the right training package.
- You can take it with you when travelling, RVing or visiting family. We take it on our sailboat.
- Provides a residual income for life.
- No age restrictions which opens it up to the older generation. I know women in their 70’s making money from what they love to do.
- Very so easy to learn and plenty of help when it’s needed.
So the question is…
Can You Really Make Money Online?
This is usually the first question that we ask ourselves when we hear of others making money online and quitting their day job to live life on their terms.
I mean, come on, can we really make money at age 60 online?
YES, You Most CERTAINLY Can…
Not only can you make money…
- you can make a lot of it and
- have a nice residual income for the rest of your life.
So, yeah you can make money online even at age 10 which is the lowest I have seen, to age 86 which is the oldest I have seen making money online DOING the things they love to do.
Do All the programs to make money online work?
No, I am afraid they all don’t work. I have spent a lot of money finding the program that works for me. I will also tell you that the MOST of the training packages out there will not show any money in your bank account because they are fake.
How you choose to make money online is also very important because there are several legit ways to make a living online and each one has its type of training which comes with their pros and cons.
I reviewed a lot of training programs which I cover in detail in my reviews and what to expect from each of them. If you know of a program you wish to learn about just search it in my search box on the right. If it’s not one I reviewed then just leave me a comment below and I will find out about the program for you.
Meanwhile, you can read my article on “How To Know A Scam”. It will teach you how to recognize a scam.
There are a lot of shady programs (scams) out there and my goal is to steer you away from them.
The reviews will help you to make an informed decision on which is the right opportunity for you.
My biggest advise if you are new to online marketing is:
- Don’t be in a hurry to find something.
- Just keep learning from my site and ask me questions
Best Way to Make Money Online
As I mentioned, there are different ways to make money online and there’s a big difference in the following training programs:
- advertising on Facebook (paid advertising)
- solo ads (paid advertising)
- YouTube ( need to make videos)
- e-commerce web page (expensive training program, high competition)
- blogging web page (low cost, very unique content, with the right training it’s very successful)
They can all be successful in providing an income but at different costs to you in time, money and amount of work involved.
If you’re just getting started I suggest to look for the following in a training program:
- The lowest cost possible for the training package
- Look for high-quality training
- Lowest cost for advertising
- Something that you have full control of (very important)
- No hidden fees or extra training costs (these indicate a scam)
Of course, the very first thing to look for is that it should be a legit way to make money.
There are far more fake training programs out there today then the legit ones and for good reason to. It is far easier to make money online using illegal tactics than to do it right and therefore you will find a lot of people making outrageous claims with their products to get you to buy.
To help protect you from the fake programs have a look at my post “How to Know A Scam” and keep it handy for when you come across a program you are interested in.
I have tried a lot of different things and in my opinion Affiliate Marketing is the better route for most because you don’t require your product or a lot of money to get started if done right.
Can I Make Quick Money Online
NO, you can not.
The first attempt of anyone trying to Make Money Fast was back in 1988 by Dave Rhodes using what’s called a chain letter. You can read about it here on Wikipedia.
There is no ‘get rich quick’ thing out there, they are all scams and illegal, so my next piece of advice is ‘stop looking for it‘.
The next thing you need to know is that there are no legal shortcuts to making money online.
Yeah yeah, I see them all the time, “get this training and make thousands overnight“.
They are fake, garbage, illegal, scams designed to trick you to buy their training that get you nowhere.
I am here to tell you Don’t Fall For It.
Listen, Don’t expect to be a millionaire before 5 years.
As a beginner, you have to realize you have a lot to learn about affiliate marketing. Not that it’s hard to learn it just takes time and the length of time it takes depends mostly on the quality of the training program.
Don’t expect to make any money for the next 6 months and that’s the reality of it. If anyone tries to tell you otherwise then walk-a-way because it’s not going to happen, my friend. Sure there are stories about how some made lots of money seemly overnight, but do they tell you how many years or how much money they spent to get to that point? No, they don’t.
The fastest I made money online when I got started was 4 months but it didn’t keep coming in. That was over 3 years ago and it’s even harder today so you must learn and do it the right way.
What Does It Cost To Make Money Online
This is a great question I get asked all the time. The cost has no bearing on the quality of training, how much you would make or the support you get.
The cost of doing business also depends on the business type and it can vary a lot from less than $100 to thousands of dollars.
I know one company believes their training is worth 18 grand to sign up and then another 20 grand for the upgrade. And then there’s one that 100 bucks gets you signed up but then they charge you for each little training module afterward that adds up to thousands of dollars.
Most of the programs you see that look like the typical “rags to riches” story run about $2000 to get started and most of these programs are not complete and you have to buy or upgrade for the next level of training.
On top of joining most programs, you still have to pay for extra software like:
- Godaddy – buy a domain name ($15 a year)
- Blue host – used to build your site ($11 a month)
- Click Funnels – used to build your landing page ($97 a month)
- Click Magic – used for tracking your results ($140 a year)
- Get Response – used to auto send emails ($15 a month)
- Other little pieces of software like WordPress, security, protection ($70 one time)
Now imagine spending thousands for a program and paying for all the extra software just to end up a year later still not making any money.
If that scared the heck out of you I don’t blame you but don’t worry there is a better way…
… a much cheaper better way that gives results.
If you learned enough and just want to get started with a legit quality training program then …
… check out my #1 recommendation on the lowest cost and most effective way to get started online today.
Don’t Go It Alone
Yes, some think they can figure it all out on their own. But the truth is there are a lot of people online that are not making money online for these 2 biggest reasons:
- they tried to learn it on their own which is the slowest and most time-consuming way
- they paid for a program that failed to deliver on their promise
In both cases, they are missing the finer details of online marketing which makes all the difference in the world and without it, you will have a hard time. Besides, it’s a lot easier to follow someone that has already succeeded.
In My Reviews
I share with you all my personal experience of each program I did so you become better informed before making a decision.
It doesn’t matter to me which program you take but you need the one that best suits you’re abilities for the direction that is best for you.
If you’re looking for a way to know if a product is a scam, you can read my article “How To Know a Scam” so you can become more informed.
I created this website How To Make Extra Money At Home – As A Veteran to help other veterans to make extra income to supplement their pension.
When I started to think of all the costs associated with:
- Repairs to my home.
- Car payments and repairs.
- Cost to travel to visit family and friends.
- Cost of living going up each year or even the next big event it seems these days.
- Travelling for leisure.
It scared the heck out of me.
Just remember this – making money online is real…
…and anyone can do it so don’t let anyone try to tell you otherwise. If you know someone that had a bad experience trying to make money online, they had the wrong program, help them out by sharing this link with them.
Please share if you found this to be of value. You can leave your comments below and I will respond asap.
32 4 15