32 4 42
While serving in the military I wondered what could do to supplement my income. It’s even more important now that I am living on a pension.
It doesn’t take long to realize a pension is not enough to live the lifestyle we dreamed of.
As the cost of living continues to rise it becomes increasingly more difficult to manage each month as your expenses continue to increase.
Here are a few reasons anyone may be interested in making extra money from home:
- Unhappy to travel to visit distant family members due to the cost.
- Fed up with working a low-paid, dead-end job.
- The fear of not being able to make ends meet on your current income.
- Looking for something to do while retired
- Money for leisure travel.
- To support a family member that needs money for medical bills or your self.
I am sure you may have your own good reasons.
Just having that security of an income is enough for me…
Can one really make money online and if so what is the best way to go about it?
I will be covering these and many other good points that you should know before you venture online to make money.
Let’s get started…
Let’s Examine Ways to Supplement Your Income
Here’s a few examples of how some veterans and retirees are making a little extra money to make life a little easier:
- Woodworking (expensive to get started, low income per time spent, can cause health issues)
- Odd jobs for the neighbours (low income)
- Get a local job (working for someone else, have to travel, low income)
- Find something online (provides a residual income for years, no boss, no travel, difficult to find quality training)
- Start your own business (difficult to come up with a business idea with low competition, costly to set up, can take years to make any money if it works out)
How I Got Started
Over the years I’ve tried several business adventures. None of them was as successful as I had hoped not until I gave blogging a try.
I am not going to try and tell you how I made 6 figures monthly income or something like that.
Most of those stories are fake as I learned the hard way.
I can tell you that today I do make more than enough to supplement my pension which keeps growing each month.
Yes, you can and will get to 6 figures a month however it takes time to get there so don’t fall for those scams claiming you can make 6 figures in a very short time frame.
Sorry but it just doesn’t happen that fast but it will happen with the correct training and support.
To be honest I never thought of myself becoming a blogger because I was never one to enjoy reading and writing.
However, today I help others to learn how to supplement their income as I do so they can live the lifestyle they wish.
To be honest, it took me a year to become a blogger to be able to earn an income from it. And if you include all the other programs I tried it took a whole lot longer.
Best Way To Supplement Your Income
I can tell you the best way to supplement your income is to become a blogger and here’s why:
- The internet has become our go-to for everything.
- There are over two billion people online searching for information daily.
- The internet is used for everything today from school projects to fixing and learning new things to running a business.
- It’s where we socialize with our family and friends.
- We even do our shopping for everything from furniture, toys and even groceries.
The problem today is… a lot of the information you find online may be misleading.
And every day I see another newly created scam to steal your money from you so you have to be very careful.
And when it comes to making money online I quickly discovered there’s more misleading information out there than the truth…
…which led me to create this website called veteransaffiliatesuccess.com.
The Benefits of Online Marketing
- It can be done in the comfort of your own home.
- Minimum expenses, (laptop, internet).
- Higher profit margins than other business types.
- Has the fastest return on investment hands down.
- Very low startup cost providing you find the right training package.
- You can take it with you when travelling, RVing or visiting family. We take it on our sailboat.
- Provides a residual income for life.
- No age restrictions which opens it up to the older generation. I know women in their 70’s making money from what they love to do.
- Very so easy to learn and plenty of help when it’s needed.
So the question is…
Can You Really Make Money Online?
This is usually the first question that we ask ourselves when we hear of others making money online and replacing their day job.
I mean, come on, can we really make money EVEN at age 60 online?
YES, You Most CERTAINLY Can…
Not only can you make money…
- you can make a lot of it
- and have a nice residual income for the rest of your life from it.
So, yeah you can make money online even as a teenager to old age. The oldest I know of is 86 years of age and is having the time of his life. He truly loves to do it.
Do All The Make Money Programs Work?
And that is a big NO, and far from it.
I have spent a lot of money finding the program that works for me. I will also tell you that the majority of the training packages out there will not show any money in your bank account. Why?
Simply because they are FAKE or a SCAM. Then there are those that sit on the fence.
How you choose to make money online is also very important.
Several Ways To Make Money Online
There are several legit ways to make a living online and each type come with their own pros and cons.
I have reviewed a lot of training programs which I cover in detail on what to expect from each one of them.
You can find the reviews in the drop-down box in the top header or search for a review using the spyglass. Scrolling down will also show posts and reviews.
If you can’t find the one you are looking for leave me a comment below and I will complete a review on it for you.
Meanwhile, you can read my article on “How To Know A Scam“. It will teach you how to recognize the tell-tails of a scam.
There are a lot of shady programs out there and my goal is to steer you away from them.
My biggest advice if you are new to online marketing is Don’t be in a hurry and ask questions.
Best Way to Make Money Online
As I mentioned, there are different ways to make money online and there’s a big difference in the following list of training programs:
- advertising on Facebook (PPC or pay per click)
- solo ads (paid advertising)
- YouTube ( need to make videos)
- e-commerce web page (expensive training program, high competition, physical products)
- blogging web page (low cost, very unique content, with the right training it’s very successful)
They can all be successful in providing an income but at different costs to you in time, money and amount of work involved.
There is no program out there that will get you making big money fast. It just doesn’t happen so don’t fall for those traps.
What To Look For In A Training Package
If you’re just getting started I suggest to look for the following in a training program:
- A low-cost training package
- Look for high-quality training and not just a copy and past
- Has a low cost for advertising (advertising can make or break your business when starting out)
- Something that you have full control of (very important)
- No hidden fees or extra training costs (these usually indicate a scam)
Of course, the very first thing to look for is that it’s a legit way to make money.
There are far more fake training programs out there today than the legit ones and for good reason to.
It is far easier to make money online using illegal tactics than to do it the legal way and therefore you will find a lot of people making outrageous claims with their products to get you to buy-in.
To help protect you from the fake programs have a look at my post “How to Know A Scam” and bookmark it as a good reference for when you come across a program you are interested in.
Why Affiliate Marketing Is The Best Choice.
I have tried a lot of different things and in my opinion Affiliate Marketing is the better route for most for the following reasons:
- you don’t require your own product
- don’t need a lot of money to get started with the right program
- can make money in a reasonable amount of time
- provides a residual income for years
- the business can be sold later if needed
- it’s one of the easiest ways to learn and at your own pace
- it’s also more tolerable of mistakes
Can I Make Quick Money Online
Yes, you can, but the chances are low and it costs a lot.
The first attempt of anyone trying to Make Money Fast was back in 1988 by Dave Rhodes using what’s called a chain letter.
There is no ‘get rich quick‘ thing out there, they are all scams, so my next piece of advice is ‘stop looking for it‘.
The next thing you need to know is that there are no legal shortcuts to making money online.
Yeah yeah, I see them all the time, “get this training and make thousands overnight“.
They are all fake, garbage, illegal, scams designed to trick you to buy their training that get you nowhere.
I am advising you not to Fall For Them.
And another thing, Don’t expect to be a millionaire any time soon.
As a beginner, you have to realize you have a lot to learn about affiliate marketing. Not that it’s hard to learn it just takes time and the quality of the training program.
Don’t expect to make any money for the next 6 months and that’s the reality of it. If anyone tries to tell you otherwise then walk-a-way because it’s not going to happen, my friend.
Sure there are stories about how some made lots of money seemly overnight, but do they tell you how many years or how much money they spent to get to that point? No, they don’t.
The fastest I made money online when I got started was 4 months but it didn’t keep coming in. That was over 3 years ago and it’s even harder today so you must learn and do it the right and legal way.
What Does It Cost To Make Money Online
This is a great question I get asked all the time. The cost has no bearing on the quality of training, how much you would make or the support you get.
The cost of doing business also depends on the business type and it can vary a lot from less than $100 to thousands of dollars.
I know one company believes their training is worth 18 grand to sign up and then another 20 grand for the upgrade.
And then there’s one that 100 bucks gets you signed up but then they charge you for each little training module afterward that adds up to thousands and thousands of dollars.
Most of the programs you see that look like the typical “rags to riches” story run about $2000 to get started and most of these programs are not complete and you have to buy or upgrade for the next level of training.
Extra Software May Be Required
On top of joining most programs, you still may have to pay for extra software like the following:
- Godaddy – buy a domain name ($15 a year)
- Blue host – used to build your site ($11 a month)
- Click Funnels – used to build your landing page ($97 a month)
- Click Magic – used for tracking your results ($140 a year)
- Get Response – used to auto send emails ($15 a month)
- Other little pieces of software like security protection ($70 one time)
Now imagine spending thousands for a program and paying for all the extra software just to end up a year later still not making any money.
If that scared the heck out of you I don’t blame you but don’t worry there is a better way…
… a much better and affordable way that gives real results.
If you are looking for a legit quality training program that you can afford then check out my #1 recommendation for anyone looking to make money online the right way.
This is the program that works very well for me and you can get to try it out for FREE.
Don’t Go It Alone
Yes, some think they can figure it all out on their own. But the truth is there are a lot of people online that are not making money online for these 2 biggest reasons:
- they tried to learn it on their own which is the slowest and most time-consuming way
- they paid for a program that failed to deliver on their promise
In both cases, they are missing the finer details of online marketing which makes all the difference in the world and without it, you will have a hard time.
Besides, it’s a lot easier to follow someone else that has already succeeded.
You can learn by your mistakes or you can learn from someone else’s mistakes, your choice.
In My Product Reviews
I share with you all my personal experience of each program so you become better informed before making a decision.
It doesn’t matter to me which program you take but you need the one that best suits the direction that is best for you.
You also need to have a training package that you can afford along with the best choice for advertising.
If you are on a tight budget then picking the Facebook advertising program would not be the best choice for you because you will be out of money long before you can get to make any.
I wrote How To Make Extra Money At Home to help others to realize the truth about making money online.
The most expensive training program out there useless if you’re on a budget, you just won’t be able to keep up with the expenses. Besides, you don’t have to spend a lot of money to learn how to make money online.
When I started to think of all the costs associated with:
- Repairs to my home.
- Car payments and repairs.
- Cost to travel to visit family and friends.
- Cost of living going up each year.
- Travelling for leisure.
It scared the heck out of me and I had to find some way to supplement my income.
I am here to tell you that making money online is real…
…and anyone can do it so don’t let anyone try to tell you otherwise.
If you know someone that had a bad experience trying to make money online, they had the wrong program.
Help them out by sharing this link with them so they can become informed.
Please share if you found this to be of value and leave your questions or comments below.
32 4 42